This is a blog focused on the project HOSTVET financed in 2019 by Italian National Agency Erasmus Plus project, under the action KA2 strategic partnership sharing good practices . Here the summary :
(HOSTVET) ” Improvement of the management of local hosting VET organisations in touristic sector”
The object is focused on sharing best practices and developing new strategies about management of hosting organisations for internship programmes in tourism and cultural and creative enterprises sectors, starting as an example from a territory like Sardinia Island, where the applicant has its local site, that has a very low numbers of enterprises involved in EU projects and a high need to improve the touristic and cultural sector that is a fundamental resource for its economy.
Our partnership has also noticed the same problem and that they also have many difficulties to involve companies, especially micro and small enterprises in ERASMUS+ projects.
In case of Sardinia, the Region also presents an high level of youth unemployment and secondary school dropout, so opening the companies of the Region to the opportunities coming from ERASMUS+ project could be a good chance to:
1) increase the level of knowledge of ERASMUS+ programme ;
2) increase the number of Sardinian companies involved in ERASMUS+ programme;
3) improve the management skills of sending/hosting organisations for the period of internship;
4) support the Europeanization process of an island like Sardinia;
5) creating more and better opportunities for students and VET learners that want to get an internship in Sardinia or that from Sardinia want to move abroad, improving their occupability percentage also at European level
To reach these objectives the partnership’s aim is:
1) detect and share the best methodologies to support companies to be involved in ERASMUS+ project ;
2) raise awareness and knowledge about the ERASMUS+ programme to facilitate the involvement of qualified enterprises and organisations that will host VET learners in Europe;
3) work on sharing best practices on management of sending/hosting organisations that will involve VET learners in mobility projects;
4) sharing best practices that could get an impact also at level of ERASMUS+ best practices.